Wednesday, August 12, 2009

moulding thoughts

Wise people say we become what we think. With every year added to our mental age we slowly start to realize the truth in these words.

We all have our share of dark days, some times it disperses quickly sometimes it lingers too long. When I was going through such a phase one day I decided that I will mould my thought against dark emotions, make love, peace, harmony and kindness its permanent resident.

I started to work on it slowly, my first goal was to create a reservoir of positive feelings inside me. A reservoir which will not dry up under any circumstances. Now positive feelings too need some thing to hold on, so I zeroed on God. I started to meditate. Just think about God every day without break.

Within two months it started to effect, first went my depression, next anger and frustration. Then slowly peace and affection came back. And stayed. Now I am transformed for better.

In my youth I was extremely unselfish and affectionate but I used to get hurt very easily. Now too I have regained that nature back, but I don’t get hurt when I receive hurt in response to my affection. My regular interaction with God has created that well needed shield.

My mind has successfully started to block all negative thoughts outside my heart and mind sooner or later and bring positive feelings inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment