Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Supporting virtue

I recently read a beautiful quote:

 

Virtue is more persecuted by evil than it is cherished by good.

 

It brought back some old memory in my mind, When I first noted the line in the hit wham song Bad Boys .. “bad boys stay together, never sad boys” I observed with a little amusement that he was speaking the truth. Bad people always band together, whereas virtue suffers alone, because good human beings are so self complete that they often forget to lend their hands to others. As they face all storms of life on their own they presume that every one is capable of doing that.

 

Slowly with maturity I started to notice the almost universal mindset among good persons. They almost never flock together. We can see two or three or four together, but they never flock in huge numbers. Even wnen the virtue is being persecuted in the hands of evil?

 

That day I made up my mind that I will stand beside the virtue, clearly, even if at the cost of wrath of the evil. I will change the only person I can, myself.

 

Its been years since I  promised myself to do my bit when I see evil persecuting virtue, by standing by the virtuous firmly, because I am not much of a protesting type, so I lend my support silently but clearly. Till date I have not regretted my decision for a second.

4 comments:

  1. I liked the quote, and also the lesson derived by didi.

    It's true in our case. Because almost all the world is united to invade muslim countries while on other hand we muslims are living divided.
    Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest brother,

    i think the whole world should make their identity first as earthlings, then as human beings and then by their religion. what do you say?

    with lots of affection.
    didi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear didi, Your question is difficult. I am not in a position to write a proper answer right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dearest brother,
    its with age that we mellow down. you are too young for this. at your age my first identity was a woman, then indian, then hindu, then a bengali, then human being .... :)

    we all should remember one thing, that to live together we have to respect others, their rights and their beliefs.

    with lots of affection.

    ReplyDelete