Friday, January 8, 2010

Happily childless

I dote after children. Have doted after them since my early childhood because they have brought only happiness in my life. I have once brought up a spitz puppy from one month to the day she died, eleven years later.

 

She brought out the maternal instinct in me and I realized how precious that feeling is, and I realized how precious children are to their parents.

 

Well, very frankly speaking I think I am too independent minded and self respecting to marry as per Indian traditional way and too shy to look for a husband myself so I stayed happily unattached.

 

There was a time, till my mid thirties I guess when I used to pine a little for a child of my own. My own born. Then when I notice the horrible speed at which the atrocity against children is shooting upwards I feel happy that I did not bring a child in this violent world which does not love its offspring. I know very well that I would have doted after him or her too much.

 

Since last five years or so I have thanked God quite a lot that she did not listened to my requests. If I ever long for a child I would rather attach myself to an orphanage.

2 comments:

  1. My dearest sister, I know you're independant to think and decide for yourself but you can't stop me for praying for you whatever I wish to pray. (I pray that your soulmate is able to find you and you're blessed with your own children. Amen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest brother,
    well, in case of soulmate and children your prayer will not work. God does what is best for her children. :)
    with lots of affection.

    ReplyDelete